Given that this blog is really new, I'm in the process of working on its cosmetics. Currently, new to blogging and to Blogger's template/layout engine or whatever they called it, I did a few searches on the net on how to work with themes and layouts.

I stumbled on a site called BTemplates.com which gives out free Blogger templates and after minutes of browsing found a really cool template called "Astro". It has a nice terrestrial feel to it and the dark blue motif suits my taste. Thanks to my previous experience with CSS, HTML and a very thin knowledge on CMS called Drupal, I was able to comprehend how to work with templates and so decided to tweak it a bit to match with the blog's content theme.

All I need currently are just simple CSS modifications to change the labels and images just to separate it from the original template. I have the tendency to play with templates though, so the theme's look might change from time to time.

The banner image that I used is a cropped copy of a photo I took at Carbon Market, Cebu during a photowalk with friends. I did a Hue/Saturation adjustment to blend the image color with the current blog template thus, the bluish tone.

Here's the original Photo:
Title: Hardwork
Hardwork
Details: Darkened and bordered for the cinematic feel. Taken with Canon 400D + 50mm f1.8 at Carbon Market, Cebu, Philippines.

Categories:

Leave a Reply